Friday, January 7, 2005

Sense and Sensibility



(the pic is not related to the posted message...? mmm...)


Yes, the movie... haven’t read the book yet.
Watched the movie on TV last night.
I won’t comment on anything. This is not a review.

Jane Austen is not in the list of my favorite writers. Neither is William Shakespeare.
But this one's really cute. It was read/spoken by a character in the movie...

“…Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom...
(Sonnet CXVI: Let me not to the marriage of true minds by William Shakespeare)

2 comments:

Cairo Cafe said...

Hi , I just got your profile from Blogspot , I found that we have many things in common , and I was amazed when I even found your blog profile the same as mine :)
Nice to see ur blog !, I live in Dubai

Anonymous said...

hey... happpy new year rosie! musta? nice work you made!! more! more! very inspirational gid!